Choosing casual style clothing for men over 60 does not have to create a wardrobe crisis for men 60 years of age and older. In fact, it can be quite enjoyable for mature men to build a collection of functional, relaxed attire for those moments in life requiring nothing more than endless comfort.
Casual Clothing for Men over 60
Regardless of age, jeans and t-shirts can remain a dependable men’s wardrobe staple for the most casual occasions. A senior man’s lifestyle may take him to a variety of places, such as the golf course, the country club, or relaxed dinners with the family. Each of these scenarios demands something casual and comfortable, but jeans and t-shirts don’t always fit the bill. In these cases, something just as relaxed, yet a bit more polished, may be just the right thing.
- Wear classic crew neck sweaters solo or layered over button-down shirts for an elegant look that flatters the mature male.
- Transform button-down shirts from formal to informal by topping them with v-neck sweaters.
- White button-down shirts are an easy way to dress up outfits in a hurry and always look classy. To keep the white from washing out the facial area, add a v-neck sweater in a flattering shade such as blue, beige or brown.
- Blue is also a great choice for button downs and sweaters. Blue is a universally flattering color for mature men, especially those with grey or silver hair and light or medium skin tones.
- Turtleneck sweaters look informal and are great for pairing with jeans or corduroy slacks. As a bonus, they can disguise or minimize throats and jawlines that are no longer firm and defined.
- Substitute pull-over vests for jackets to create an informal outfit. Pair a colorful vest with an otherwise monochromatic outfit to add an accent pop of color. This keeps the boldness of the color away from the face, which could cause the skin to look sallow.